Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Badittude

Today I have been crabby with the kids. We didn't do school on Monday because the big boys went to a friend's house for an Xbox tournament. I got sick Monday night, and spent most of the day in bed yesterday. Today I haven't felt great, but I am up and moving.

The boys had a hard time getting out of bed and going. Chores aren't getting done the way they should (or the way I think they should). My kitchen floor is sticky. It took over an hour and a half to get everyone caught up on Spelling this morning. The little kids were underfoot, and the big kids were bickering with each other. Then it was time for Shannon to be home, and I hadn't started making lunch.

The more they griped, the more I griped. Alex finally said to me, "Why can't you just be happy?". "About what?" was my sarcastic reply. He retorted, "Because God gave you life. Because He gave you a family". Oh. Yeah. Then the tears came.

Some days I just find it so hard to count my blessings. I get so selfish, and things don't go my way, so I act like the little kid and whine and pout and yell and scream. And then I expect them NOT to act that way.

I guess school isn't all about books and worksheets, and I'm not always the one qualified to be the teacher. I've still got an awful lot to learn.

"The wise shall inherit glory, but shame shall be the legacy of fools." Proverbs 4:35

1 comment:

mindswirlia said...

Another example of "Out of the mouths of Babes"!

I learn just as much from my kids and I have taught!