Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I just about forgot to do this post today. How many times do you have to do something before it becomes a habit? I'm pretty sure it's more than two. Isn't it something like 20 times? In time...

1. I 'm thankful for Colton. He is sitting on my lap at the kitchen table while I type this. He is growing up tremendously fast. I'm glad he's not too big to sit on my lap still.

2. I'm thankful for my vacuum cleaner. Shannon bought me a Dyson for Christmas a few years ago. It amazes me how much gunk it sucks up each day, and I do vacuum almost every day (sometime more). Sometimes I wonder if it is sucking up the backing of the carpet?

3. I'm thankful for the camera I received for Christmas. I took some really good pictures of the kids this week. I'll post them soon.

4. I'm thankful that Alex can drive. He was able to drive to the grocery store at 9:15 tonight so I could finish preparing the food to take this weekend.

5. I'm thankful that all but one of my boys is finished with his school work for the week. The remaining boy, who shall remain nameless, promises to finish up first thing in the morning.

6. I'm thankful for my husband. He helped get everyone packed while I prepared food this evening, even after working hard for us all day. He's super-duper fabulous.

7. I'm thankful for Bryce and Colton. They cleaned out the van this afternoon.

8. I'm thankful for diet Coke. It keeps me moving throughout the day.

9. I'm thankful for my friends, including those that I only get together with on the internet. We get to visit some real live ones this weekend, and more are coming to visit on Tuesday, too.

10. I'm thankful for Tylenol. We have some little ones who aren't feeling very good. Please pray for them as we travel to the Wisconsin Dells on Friday, back to Iowa Saturday night, then to Clear Lake after church on Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

"For by wise counsel you will wage your own war, and in a multitude of counselors there is safety." Proverbs 24:6

No comments: