Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have been reading a blog for the past couple months that Mary led me to. The author of the blog has such enthusiasm and is so encouraging, even through some very tough times recently. She has challenged other bloggers to join her in Thankful Thursdays. You can find out how she started this event here.

I often fall into the habit of complaining. Nothing seems to go the way I plan, and I spend too much time dwelling on the bad things. I'd like to take this first step to turning my attitude around, and will begin by posting my very first Thankful Thursday installment.

1. I'm thankful for my husband. He's an amazing man.

2. I'm thankful for my eight beautiful children, and the two that aren't here in my arms. I have learned so much from all of them.

3. I'm thankful for Jesus Christ, who died so I could live.

4. I'm thankful for my super capacity front loader washing machine and the matching dryer.

5. I'm thankful that the sun is shining and it is 66 degrees outside. In Iowa. In March.

6. I'm thankful that my sister is turning 40 today and not me. :)

7. I'm thankful that Alex can drive.

8. I'm thankful for the privilege of being able to teach my children at home.

9. I'm thankful for food in my cupboards and fridge.

10. I'm thankful for my bloggy friends.

Let's all remember to be thankful for the big and small things in life.

"A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24

3 comments:

mindswirlia said...

I LOVE this idea!!! I am so going to use the Thankful Thursdays...at home and for the office...it ALWAYS helps to have these things to look back on...helps with the attitude check!

So thankful that I have Jodi Clark in my life!!!

Beckysblog said...

Thanks for the reminder.

Melanie said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!