Thursday, February 12, 2009

Food

We're still planning menus from the fridge and cupboards this week.

Yesterday Jackson made BBQ Smoked Sausage with egg noodles. Basically, you just slice the sausage, throw in the electric fry pan (mine is a Farberware and is really big), dump BBQ sauce on them, and cook the egg noodles. He mixed everything in the pot that he cooked the noodles in when they were done. Easy and fast. The kids like it.

Today I'm making Round Steak Parmesan. Instead of the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, I just used a jar of spaghetti sauce. It's still in the oven, so no reports on if it is good or not, but it's starting to smell good! We'll microwave some vegetables to go on the side. I think I'll do some garlic bread, too.

I haven't cooked any breakfast since Monday. Maybe tomorrow, maybe not. We've had a lot of fruit and carrots for snacks. Chase did mix up some chocolate chip cookie dough yesterday and baked it into bars. They're long gone. We're stocking up some leftovers for evenings in the fridge.

Shannon is taking me out for dinner tomorrow night, so I'm not sure what I'll cook tomorrow. I still have that chicken in the fridge, so I'll need to use it soon.

Last week Target had whole frozen turkeys on sale for $.49/lb. I bought a couple of them and have them waiting in the freezer. I'll be cooking one within the next few weeks, probably.

"The lazy man says, 'There is a lion in the road! A fierce lion is in the streets!' " Proverbs 26:13

No comments: