Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Food

I haven't been planning menus this week. We just went to the store and bought a bunch of food, and I'm coming up with ideas on the fly.

Saturday we made breaded pork chops and vegetables. I dipped the chops in milk, then rolled in seasoned bread crumbs. I fried them in the electric skillet. I tried using applesauce to fry them in instead of oil, but it just burned on the pan. I didn't want to add fat by using the oil. They turned out fine, although in retrospect I will probably just bake them next time, because I could only fit 4 in the fry pan at once, and had to cook them in three batches. I ended up turning on the oven to keep the first batches warm while I finished up the last ones. It would have been easier just to bake them.

Sunday Shannon made pork loin. He seared the outside in the fry pan, then rolled it in breadcrumbs and baked while we were at church. It smelled yummy when we got home! We had vegetables with this, too.

Yesterday we had beef stew and cheddar biscuits. They were both good. I made the double chocolate banana muffins that were scheduled for last week, and they were a big hit, too. The kids weren't as wild about the banana chip muffins from earlier last week.

Today Shannon made Sloppy Joes, and we're eating out tonight. I'm not sure what's coming for tomorrow, but I think I have boneless, skinless chicken breast in the fridge, so I'll probably use that.

"The heart of her husband safely trusts her, so he will have no lack of gain." Proverbs 31:11

No comments: