Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Trough

Where no oxen are, the trough is clean;
But much increase comes by the strength of an ox.
Proverbs 14:4

This morning I am faced with baking a rainbow cake for Katie's birthday party tomorrow, finishing sewing Katie's (and Hudson's) birthday present, and cleaning my house--all before 1:00 P.M. I'm feeling overwhelmed, so I got on the computer. Actually, I got on the computer to look up the rainbow cake instructions, but got sidetracked.

I've been lamenting the fact that lately my house never seems to be clean. We've spent a huge amount of time at basketball games lately, and it seems like I do school and clean all day, but when we leave in the evenings, the little kids mess it all up again. It's a never ending cycle. Imagine how many more times our toilets get flushed each day compared to the average household of two working parents, with two public schooled kids.

My point is, I've got a lot of oxen.

That's the way we planned it, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I feel comforted to know that it's scriptural that my house isn't spotless. It most likely won't ever be, because by the time all of my children are grown and gone, I'll have a houseful of grandchildren running around.

I'm going to go get the strength of my oxen moving, and we'll have this place ship-shape in no time.

1 comment:

Beckysblog said...

I think all mother's feel this way at some point!
I swear every time I turn around its time to fix another meal and do another load of dishes and I think, "Didn't I just so that!?!?!"

You have the right perspective!