Thursday, January 21, 2010

Christmas 2009

Better late than never, huh?

Here are a few pictures from our celebrations. We went to my parents on Christmas Eve, opened gifts at home Christmas morning, then met Shannon's family on Christmas afternoon.











The family finally convinced me to put up a tree again this year. I'm a bit of a Scrooge, and hate the mess and clutter of getting Christmas decorations out. But alas, I complied. Shannon and the kids did the decorating. I didn't get any pictures of the tree, though. After decorating the tree, we turned out all of the lights to admire our work. I was in the living room reading a book, and suddenly heard Colton, Katie, Naomi and Hudson singing 'Away in the Manger'. I glanced into the dining room, and they were standing arm in arm, swaying back and forth as they sang in front of the tree.

I guess that's why we should decorate a tree each year.

This year, because we were running out of time and the weather was less than desirable, we bought a once live tree at Home Depot rather than picking one and chopping our own down. It wasn't ideal, but it worked. I even managed to have all of the gifts wrapped a couple days before Christmas.

We hope you all had a blessed holiday season.

"The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him." Proverbs 20:7

No comments: