Monday, February 18, 2008

Moving Snow


Because Shannon was out of town this weekend, I had the honor of removing the snow from our driveway in anticipation of they're arrival home. I headed out around 4:00 Sunday afternoon. There wasn't a lot of snow, but it had drifted fairly high is some areas.

The snow was very wet and heavy. I found out quickly that it was necessary to hop off the tractor every 5-6 feet in some areas and clear out the blower. This involves turning off the auger (very important step!), climbing off the tractor, reaming out the blower, climbing back on, then starting everything up again. I lost count of how many times I had to do this, but it was upwards of 75 times. It was actually very nice outside, with temps in the low 30's and very little wind.
The sky was very pretty as I was finishing up, although these photos don't do the sunset justice.

I'll volunteer to move snow more often if I can be guaranteed mild weather doing it!

"Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, and apply your heart to my knowledge." Proverbs 22:17

No comments: