Saturday, December 22, 2007

Some Things Get Better With Age


Friday, December 21st was Shannon's 38th birthday. We made Shannon a pink champagne cake for his birthday. He wasn't wild about having a pink cake, but he liked the way it tasted.

I have included a picture of Shannon and I from October 1988, taken at my grandparent's 50th Anniversary party.

Twenty years have brought a multitude of changes to our lives. Gone are those carefree college days. I am at the point in my life where I can say I am truly thankful for all of the trials and tribulations we have gone through, simply because we traveled the road together. God has lead us and taught us many lessons, most importantly to trust completely in Him. He took two stubborn, strong-willed people and brought us to our knees before Him.

Shannon, Happy Birthday. I could not ask for a better husband. You are a strong leader in our family, and an excellent father. I admire you and love you more and more as time goes by. Thank you for all you do for me and our children.

"The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice, and he who begets a wise child will delight in him." Proverbs 23:24

No comments: