Thursday, February 25, 2010

Jodi's Birthday...

...has come and gone.

Shannon was able to spend the morning with us because he was snowed in. Colton made me breakfast (cereal) in bed. He's cool like that.



Colton also baked me a birthday cake. He frosted it, too. My parents stopped by in the afternoon to have some cake with us. They tried giving me a hard time about being 40. I simply pointed out that their youngest child was now 40, so they must be REALLY old.

Turning the big 4-0 really wasn't too traumatic. I am exceedingly blessed. My mom and I were just talking a couple days ago about whether or not we would go back and time (if we could) and do things differently. I decided that there really isn't much of anything that I would change about my life. I suppose there were specific events that did not seem like blessings at the time, but all of life's experiences have come together to make me who I am, and make my life what it is. Life is good.

"Listen, for I will speak of excellent things, and from the opening of my lips will come right things;" Proverbs 8:6

No comments: