Saturday, November 14, 2009

Jodi's Diet Update

It's been a little over three weeks since I started my Forty by Forty campaign. My first week, I had a little progress.

I have been watching calories, and power walking three miles per day, with some pilates thrown in as time allows. I am not a very patient person, and expect immediate results. That wasn't happening as quickly as I wanted, so I decided to jump start things with a Master Cleanse.

I did this about two and a half years ago. You can google it for details, but it basically consists of fasting for 10 days, while drinking a mixture of lemon juice, grade B maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. Yum. I have found that I tolerate the cayenne better if I take it in capsule form, rather than adding it to the lemonade mixture. It tastes better, too. You can also have as much water as you want.

The theory is to detox the body, and remove all waste.

I haven't eaten since Monday evening, and I'm feeling great.

I weighed myself on Friday, and had lost 10 pounds since I had started dieting.

I feel great. I've not had any hunger pangs. Shannon has been great about taking over most of the cooking, so I haven't had to deal with that.

It's crazy how often I'll walk into the kitchen and automatically pick something up to eat, even though I'm not hungry. Although I'm not feeling hungry, food still looks good.

We brought home Papa Murphy's pizza for lunch today, and it was quite tempting to smell, then watch everyone eat it. I managed to mix and bake all of the sugar cookies last week without snitching any, which was a huge accomplishment!

I've been exercising normally, and although I felt a bit drained on Day 3, it has improved since then. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments: