Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Warning!

Katie just came in and climbed up on my lap. She reminded me, "You haven't snuggled with me yet today". Some days she says this to me by 7:30am. Today I was relaxing in between laundry loads, reading my book. I'm just about to the end and getting to the exciting part. Only half listening to her, I had to have her repeat what she had just said to me.

In her little 4 year old girl voice, she repeated to me, "Mama, can we pray for another baby and Daddy?". Stalling for time, I asked for clarification on whether or not she wanted only a new baby, or if she wanted a new daddy, too. She only wants a new baby, but she would like to pray for Daddy because he's not home.

Listening to little girl prayers is one of the sweetest things! Upon saying Amen, she immediately asked if we could go to the doctor tomorrow and see if there was a baby in my tummy.

The boys have been talking a lot lately about new babies, too. I guess it's just at that time when we're usually announcing a new one on the way. Sorry to disappoint, but there are no immediate plans to expand our family. Colton pointed out that we do have one empty seat in the van still, so we might as well have another baby to fill it up.

Maybe it's just time to lose the baby fat from Hudson so I don't LOOK pregnant and get everyone wondering.

Time will tell if God is faithful to answer a little girl's prayer.

My son, if you receive my words, and treasure my commands within you, so that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; Yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; Then you will understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God. Proverbs 2: 1-5

No comments: