I was tagged by Becky several weeks ago, and am finally getting around to playing.
HERE'S HOW YOU PLAY. ONCE YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED YOU HAVE TO WRITE A BLOG OF TEN WEIRD, RANDOM THINGS, FACTS OR HABITS ABOUT YOURSELF. AT THE END, YOU CHOOSE FIVE PEOPLE TO BE TAGGED, LISTING THEIR NAMES AND WHY YOU CHOSE THEM TO BE TAGGED. DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE THEM A COMMENT "YOU'RE IT" AND TO READ YOUR BLOG. YOU CAN'T TAG THE PERSON WHO TAGGED YOU. SINCE YOU CAN'T TAG THAT PERSON BACK, LET HIM OR HER KNOW WHEN YOU'VE POSTED YOUR BLOG SO HE OR SHE CAN READ YOUR ANSWERS.
1. I was awarded "Strongest Woman in Nevada" in 1997. As far as I know, I still hold the title. (That's Nevada, Iowa, not the state of Nevada--although I could probably take 'em!)
2. I love building things and using power tools. I generally get tools for Mother's Day. Last year Shannon's aunt and uncle gave me a table saw.
3. I'm left handed.
4. I taught myself to type when I was in 3rd grade by reading at "how-to" article in my mom's Woman's Day magazine. That was back in the olden days when I had to use a real (albeit electric) typewriter and correction tape.
5. I can say the alphabet backwards in less than 4 seconds.
6. I attended prom in 1985 (East Waterloo), 1986 (Marshalltown), 1987 (Marshalltown and Reinbeck), and 1988 (Reinbeck).
7. My basketball team made it to the Regional finals in 1987. Unfortunately, we didn't make it PAST the regional finals.
8. The only time I've needed to go to the emergency room for myself was when I was in Mexico in 1985.
9. I really like things to be symmetrical. If I see a crooked picture, I NEED to straighten it, even in public places or private homes.
10. Five years ago when I was skinny, I wanted to get my belly-button pierced. I told Mary about it, and she told me I couldn't hang out with her girls if I did. Alas, no navel piercings took place. Maybe if I lose all of that weight again...
The only person I can think of to tag is Mary. I'm not sure who else, besides Becky and Melanie, reads my blog! If you're out there, feel free to participate an let me know when you do!