Sunday, March 2, 2008

Waffle Night at the Clark's

Chase LOVES pancakes and waffles. I normally opt to make pancakes because I am able to cook 8 at a time and the whole process goes a bit faster than waffles. This time we decided to go all out and make waffles. I used to dread using the waffle iron, because the waffles invariably got stuck and fell all to pieces when trying to remove them. Then I found this recipe for No-Stick Waffles in my MOMYS cookbook, and they are great. Warning: This recipe is for a large family. Adjust as necessary.

No Stick Waffles
9 c. Flour
4 T. Baking Powder
1 T. Salt
3-6 T. Butter
12 Eggs
6 c. Milk

Cut butter into dry ingredients until the butter chunks are about the size of small peas. Combine beaten eggs and milk. Add to flour and mix until all flour is wet. Batter may be a little lumpy because of the butter chunks. Pour batter onto hot waffle iron in one cup increments. These waffles should not stick. I usually use a spray on oil for the first waffle, but none thereafter.

This recipe feeds our family of 10 with leftovers.

Naomi cracking (squishing) eggs


My ancient waffle iron


Every man for himself. We use a pizza cutter to slice up the waffles.


We buy syrup by the gallon


Hudson really likes syrup


Sticky fingers


Leftovers


I freeze the leftovers in freezer bags. The kids get them out for breakfast and microwave them.

"...and provides food for her household..." Proverbs 31:15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE all those leftovers! I usually double or triple pancake recipes so we can have many breakfasts from them.

I hope you're able to get in a little exercising here and there! :-)

Love,
Becca
MOM Exercise Challenge