Monday, March 31, 2008

Exercise Challenge

You may have noticed the badge on the sidebar of this blog boldly stating "I'm taking the Moms of Many Exercise Challenge". I committed in a weak moment. It took me about a month to actually begin exercising.

Shannon and I joined the new fitness club at the middle school. It is quite nice, and will serve our purposes very well. We have been very good about going 5 nights a week for the past two weeks. We are doing primarily strength training with a bit of cardio thrown in.

We are lifting 60% of our max at this time. It's a lot harder than it sounds! I was not very pleasantly surprised that first night when we had planned to do 2 sets of 15 reps. I much prefer 3 sets of 10 reps. It's all the same in the end, right?

Although I'm not seeing the instant results I would like to see, we will continue to persevere.

"...but a just weight is His delight." Proverbs 11:1

No comments: