Monday, October 20, 2008

Ink Stains

Last week Hudson found an ink pen on the floor and proceeded to draw some lines on the seat of my new dining room chair. I was hesitant to buy upholstered chairs in the first place, but the saleswoman at the furniture store assured me that microfiber is the best possible fabric, and nothing would stain it. We bought the extended warrantee just the same.

I had had good luck since June cleaning spaghetti sauce and such off of the chairs when the stain was fresh by just washing with a wet towel, but ink?

I googled ink stain on microfiber, and was instructed to use Purell hand sanitizer on the stain. I didn't have any hand sanitizer. I attempted to bring some home from the fitness center, but it all turned into a watery mess in my hand. After several days I remembered to get some Purell at the store, AND IT WORKED GREAT!!!


The original lines.


Making some progress.


Almost done.


The final results.

I'm a believer in microfiber. If I ever am in the position to purchase new furniture, microfiber is going to be at the top of my list.

"...write them on the tablets of your heart." Proverbs 7:3b

No comments: