Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Flying Rocks

Last week as Alex finished up mowing the lawn, the tractor kicked up a rock and it hit the van window. Ugh. I just wanted to kick myself, because it had occurred to me earlier to pull the car and van into the garage, but I had to run into town later that afternoon so I didn't do it.

We had the front window replaced as well, since it had had a rock chip that had continued to crack across the entire windshield. There are so many other things I'd rather spend money on than replacing van windows.

The moral of this story: Always put the vehicles in the garage prior to mowing, and don't use a bungee cord to hold the flap thingy on the mower deck up (sorry Papa Joe). I'm thankful the rock hit the van and not a little child running around the yard.

"I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently will find me." Proverbs 8:17

No comments: