Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day

This year the kids wrote letters and illustrated pictures to Shannon for Father's Day. Following are the letters they wrote to him. We printed them all into a booklet for him to keep.

Dear Daddy,
I'm not old enough to write this yet so Mommy is going to do it for me.
Thank you for being such a great dad. You make me smile every time you come into the room! I get so excited to see you because you are so much fun to be around. You're goofy and crazy, and I know that you would do anything for me.
Thank you for praying for me, and thank you for taking me to church. You're a good example of what a godly man looks like. Thank you for loving my mom. You guys are great together!
Thanks for going to work every day and providing for our family. You're a great guy, and I hope I can be just like you someday!
Love,
Hudson

Dear Daddy,
I love Daddy. You tickle me. You kiss me. You play with me. You give me showers. You put me to bed and tell me stories. You feed me. You give me kitties. You play doggies with me. You play babies with me.
Daddy hugs me and snuggles me.
Love,
Naomi

Dear Daddy,
I want to get you a pop.
I love you cuz Colton says you're so handsome.
I love you cuz you take pictures.
I love you cuz you kiss Naomi and me.
I love you cuz Colton loves you and I love Colton.
I love you cuz you climb on the roof.
I love you cuz you take care of Hudson.
Love,
Katie Belle

Dear Dad,
I love you because you help me do things. I like it when you cook me food. I love you. You play fun games with me. You do lots of stuff with me. You teach me how to do things. I like to play four square with you. I like to play bocce ball and soccer and kickball with you. You are the best.
Love,
Colton

Dear Dad,
Thank you for taking care of me and my brothers and sisters and mom. Thank you for going to work and giving me food.
Thank you for going to all of my football, basketball and soccer games. Thank you for having fun with me.
Thank you for reading the bible to me and doing devotions with me. I love you.
Love,
Bryce

Dear Dad,
Thank you for being my dad. You mean a lot to me because you like to play with me and watch me do sports. You're the coolest dad ever.
Thanks for being a good cooker. I hope that I can be just like you someday.
Love,
Chase

Dear Cap'n Crunch,
Thank you, Dad, for everything you do. You're the best dad there is, and I love you for that.
Thank you for the love, kindness, goodness and GOOD LOOKS you give me. Thanks for encouraging me in sports. Thank you for helping build our go-karts and four-wheelers.
Love,
Jackson

Dear Dad,
Thanks for being the best dad ever! Thanks for helping me with my friends, playing with me, taking us on vacation, and for working your hardest to make our family happy.
Love,
Alex


Unfortunately, Hudson was sleeping during family photo time, so he is not pictured above.

Shannon truly is an exceptional father. I'm proud of him for working hard for our family, for being a godly example for our children, and for sacrificially giving of his time to be the best dad he can be. He makes my life easy in so many ways. He's definitely the glue that holds this family together.

"My son, if you receive my words, and treasure my commands within you, so that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; Yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; Then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God." Proverbs 2:1-5

No comments: