Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Last Day of School

Is it just me, or did this school year go by REALLY FAST?!?

This is our first day of school picture.
















And here is our last day of school picture.




Yesterday afternoon I received a call from the Middle School.  My heart usually skips a beat when I see the caller ID from the school.  I'm not sure why, because I've never gotten a call saying my kid was in trouble.  Actually, my first thought yesterday was that someone must have gotten hurt during Track/Field day.

The middle school and elementary school secretaries and I speak often.  I have them on my 'favorites' list in my cell phone.  Each day it seems someone needs to go a different direction after school for practice or to a friend's house.  I think Angie and Joan would be pretty disappointed if they didn't get to speak to me each week.

The reason I got a call yesterday was to let me know that Colton would be receiving a special award at their end of the year ceremony and we were invited to attend.  Although Shannon had to work, Grandma Shirley and Papa Ken were able to come with Macklin and I.

Both Katie and Colton were recognized for their service on Student Council and for having grade point averages over 3.5. Katie also participated in Battle of the Books.






Colton received the Gladbrook American Legion Auxiliary Citizenship Award for the Middle School. We are very proud of him.




Naomi and Hudson also had an awards ceremony today.  Naomi received recognition for being the student who has learned by Leaps and Bounds (along with a frog beanie baby), a certificate for being 100% all Three Trimesters, and a Certificate of Participation in the IFAW Animal Action Art & Writing Contest. 




Hudson received The Baby Ruth Award for being a team leader inside the classroom and out.




Shannon and I have a bunch of pretty awesome children, and we are proud of each and every one of them!


"To know wisdom and instruction, To perceive the words of understanding, To receive the instruction of wisdom, Justice, judgment, and equity; To give prudence to the simple, To the young man knowledge and discretion—A wise man will hear and increase learning, And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel," Proverbs 1:2-5

No comments: