Friday, March 19, 2010

Getting Away From It All

A couple weeks ago my parents invited me to go along on a trip they were planning on taking to the East coast. I decided to schedule a Spring Break trip into our school year...for me.

We left Reinbeck early yesterday morning. We had a couple errands to make in Waterloo/Cedar Falls before we officially hit the road. We made it through Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and as far as Frankfort, Kentucky by 8:00pm Eastern time.

There's not much noteworthy to see in Iowa, Illinois or Indiana in mid-March that I can't see by looking out my front windows. It's all pretty much the same--brown and dead. By the time we got to Kentucky, the grass was greener and the landscape changed somewhat.

We saw many horses between Frankfort and Lexington.





We saw mountains and valleys that freaked me out, although I was then informed that they really weren't mountains.

We're staying in Sevierville, TN tonight. We've had a lazy afternoon in the hotel. It's sunny and 71 degrees here. From what I understand, snow is forecast for Iowa this weekend :).

This is a picture of the mountains from our hotel window. It looks like there's still some snow up there.



And also a picture of a holly bush outside the hotel window. It's so nice to see green!



We're planning to drive through the Smoky Mountains tomorrow en route to North Carolina.

"The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but deliverance is of the LORD." Proverbs 21:31

1 comment:

Beckysblog said...

Awesome that you got to get away!