Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I really can't believe another week has flown by. I say this all the time, but time is just flying away from us. Will I remember all of the sweet things my kids say, or will I focus on the stressfulness of our busy life? I'm striving to focus on the positives, and BE more positive.

~ I'm thankful for my bible. I've been making a concerted effort lately to read it EVERY DAY. I KNOW it is important to do so to continue to grow spiritually, but unfortunately, when things get hectic, bible time seems to be one of the first things to go. Shameful. So. I'm continuing on. I've been reading mostly in the New Testament the past week or so. Lots of good stuff there. Very convicting. Isn't it funny how one is led right to the passage of scripture that one most needs to hear (read-or get smacked over the head with???)?

~ I'm thankful that Jackson's hand is healing well. We were back to the orthopaedic doctor this week. He says three more weeks with the cast. We'll see.

~ I'm thankful that Alex has remained injury free throughout the football season, except for the expected bumps and bruises.

~ I'm thankful for Chase's football team. They're always fun to watch play, and more times than not, they win. Tonight Chase scored 4 touchdowns and had 14 tackles. But who's counting?

~ I'm thankful for boxed cake mixes. Tomorrow is my week to make cake for the Varsity football team, and I just don't feel like baking from scratch.

~ I'm thankful for the progress we have made in school this week. We got off to a good start in early August, then hit several bumps in the road. We're back on track, and everyone knows what is expected of himself/herself until January 10, 2010.

~ I'm thankful for Shannon. He bears the weight of our world on his shoulders, but rarely complains, and gives all of himself for our family. He's my hero.

~ I'm thankful for the rain we've been getting this week. There's much less dust from our gravel road. And I'll be very thankful if it stops raining during the football game tomorrow night, and during soccer games on Saturday.

~ I'm thankful we're having guests for dinner on Saturday. It motivates me to clean things I might not normally clean on a weekly basis.

~ I'm thankful for the new DVR. It's awesome being able to watch a show and fast forward through commercials.

~ I'm thankful for Target's Strawberry, Orange, and Banana juice mix. It's yummy.

~ I'm thankful it's bedtime. I'm tired.

"So that your trust may be in the LORD, I have instructed you today, even you." Proverbs 22:19

No comments: