Thursday, August 13, 2009

We've Created a Monster


Katie is beginning Kindergarten this year. She has been begging me all summer to let her start school, but I was enjoying my summer break too much to give in to her. Monday was the big day, and all of the kids started doing Math and Science. Katie is doing Math, Phonics and Handwriting this week.


She won't stop doing school. Ever. She wakes me up in the morning with her workbook asking me to tear the page out. She's still going strong at 8:00 p.m. She's half way through what I have scheduled for her NEXT MONTH.

NEVER have my boys done this. Occasionally they'll work ahead of schedule the first week or so while the books are new and shiny, but not like Katie. I just told her she has to stop for the day, and she is pouting and telling me I just don't want her to learn more. Along with the love for school comes the drama, too, I guess.

I chose to skip Kindergargen math, and started her out in First grade. She has gotten perfect scores on both of her tests so far, and she claims she will get an A+ on everything she does this year.

She's very careful with her handwriting, and works painstakingly to get every letter and number just right. What a joy! I've taught boys for too many years. They were able to form the letters great when they tried, they just don't care about doing it in their everyday work.

I think I'm going to like this...

"Let your father and your mother be glad, and let her who bore you rejoice." Proverbs 23:25

No comments: