Monday, June 27, 2011

Sundresses

Katie and Naomi informed me several weeks ago that we really needed to look into getting some new sundresses for this summer.  I decided to try my hand at sewing some.  The first pattern we tried was very easy, but not very cute.  Those dresses became swimsuit coverups. 

The next pattern I tried was one I found on the internet.  It's really not a pattern, just a bunch of rectangles cut from fabric and sewn back together.  Here's the link:  Sundress Pattern .

It's much cuter than the first pattern, but also takes more time.  Overall, it's an easy pattern, and I got to learn a new skill.  The back of the dress is shirred.  I had never done shirring before, but am in love with it now.  Very fun and easy to do.  We even made some matching headbands to coordinate with the sundresses. 

I have several more to make before camp next week.  Here are some pictures of a couple we have completed.


 Sundresses MUST be twirly!

Sisterly love?

Must be able to do stunts like jumping off of the front porch in sundresses.


This is a close-up of the shirring on the back.  Fun!

Perhaps I'll add more sundress pictures as we complete them.  Or not...


"She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies for the merchants."  Proverbs 31:24

1 comment:

Beckysblog said...

Those look great! Wow! Im impressed.